We all experienced stress in life. It may be from a variety of sources. Most of the time, it’s from school, work and relationship, but sometimes, it can also be from routine duties and responsibilities.
It’s normal for stress to make us feel anxious, angry and sad. But we also need to make sure that we live our lives fully, not just being pulled by stress.
Of course, I have also gone through stressful days. I still remember how I used to cope with stress in a negative manner, which made me feel more and more upset at my life and myself.
Here are the warning signs if you use the following stress-coping Strategies:
- Waste time on unimportant tasks
- Negative self-talk
- Avoid your friends and family
- Yell at your spouse, children or friends
- Put all the blames on others
- Manipulate others and keep making lies
- Say hostile jokes
- Deny any problem and refuse helps from other people
- Unnecessarily stubborn – All or nothing thinking
- Smoke too much
- Take a recreational drug or misuse of a prescription medication
- Drink too much alcohol
- Violence behavior – fight with people, destroy property
- Drive recklessly
- Addict to shopping
- Gamble to release stress
- Eat too much or too little
- Cry continuously, day after day, week after week
- Work so much that you damage your health
If you have been coping with stress in any of the above methods, maybe it’s time to make a change.
I mentioned in a different article on this topic. Click here if you would like to know the 30 easy positive coping strategies.
To be honest with you, I have to admit that I used to use some of these negative-coping strategies, and I still occasionally get back into some of these negative coping strategies. We all make mistakes. It’s okay to fall into a hole. But we need to learn to realize it and get out of it as soon as possible.
Remind yourself: Getting stuck can be an accident, but staying stuck is a choice.
Since time doesn’t stop for us, we shouldn’t waste our time and our life by staying angry and unhappy. Let’s start to enjoy life as it unfolds.
Always Remember W.H.Y.
Be Well, Be Happy, Be You