We are all human. Including myself, we all have moments experiencing stress, anxiety or anger. Maybe it’s from the workload. Maybe it’s from school or workplace.
It’s a normal phenomenon. Life has ups and downs, but we can’t continue to stay in this negative energy all the time.
For a quick reference, you can check if you have any of the warning signs mentioned in my last article. Click here if you are interested in reading it.
Here are 30 easy positive coping strategies:
- Take 10 deep breaths slowly
- Go for a walk
- Stare at the blue sky and watch the clouds float by
- Listen to relaxing music with your eyes closed
- Spend time with nature
- Download an App that plays nature’s sounds, and close your eyes
- Countdown from 10 to 1 slowly
- Talk to someone you trust
- Stand up and stretch
- Exercise / Play sports
- Practice yoga
- Watch a cute animal video or funny clip
- Look at photos from happy moments
- Think of something happy
- Write / Draw / Paint
- Play with a pet
- Play a board game or video game
- Organize and clean your environment
- Read motivational quotes
- Make a gratitude list
- Get enough sleep
- Eat healthy food
- Have a bit of chocolate
- Cry – let the tension release and you will feel better
- Do something kind, such as help someone in need
- Get involved in a good cause
- Prioritize important tasks
- Schedule time for yourself to do something your soul likes
Remind yourself that blaming yourself, again and again, will never keep the situation better.
Staying positive is not as simple as said. But it’s important to keep trying because we can’t continuously let the negative energy engulf our mind and our soul. Slowly train yourself to see the positive side of each situation, even though you may need to look harder on some days.
Everyone makes some mistakes in life. Learn the lessons and then move on.
Always Remember W.H.Y.
Be Well, Be Happy, Be You